Silent Scaffold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legerman Academy

+6
Prussian
Mata Rahi
SissyGamer
AlloRaptor
Darkel
Runlock
10 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Legerman Academy - Page 4 Empty Re: Legerman Academy

Post by Darkel Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:54 pm

We may model it after my own college and have the students do surveys on roommate preferences, or they could simply be sorted based on power.
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

https://silentscaffold.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlloRaptor Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:57 pm

I see. Noted. Thanks for letting me know, dark.
AlloRaptor
AlloRaptor
Mistreated Orphan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:59 pm

AlloRaptor wrote:I see. Noted. Thanks for letting me know, dark.

Yes. You're welcome. Any time, Allo.
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:36 am

General Information
Full Name: Thomas Lee
Alias: Thomas, Tom
Sex: Male

Appearance
Height: 5’11”
Weight: 150
Physical Description: Thomas is of average height and rather slim. Perhaps despite this, he appears to be fit and healthy. He appears to be of Korean descent, with slightly tanned, smooth skin. He has a somewhat round face, though with slight cheekbones. His hair is straight and a very dark shade of brown, often kept combed slightly down and to the right. Thomas combs his hair often, and enjoys keeping it clean and looking good. His eyebrows are thick though somewhat short in length, and his eyes are a dark brown color. Thomas is clean shaven, though sometimes he cuts himself while shaving due to rushing, so he may occasionally have thin cuts down his cheeks and such. He does have one notable scar, a small one that goes down near the end of his eyebrow that prevents hair from growing there. His nose is of average size, and has round, smooth features rather than sharp (it doesn’t jut out harshly, for example).

Attire: Thomas’ attire is usually very casual, preferring to wear a simple t-shirt, jeans/khaki jeans, and white adidas sneakers. Occasionally, he will wear a blue, slim-fitting hoodie or a plaid shirt, both of which would be unzipped/unbuttoned. In colder weather, Thomas wears a gray parka and may wear hiking boots rather than his sneakers, depending on whether or not there is snow present (That may be very uncommon in Texas though, heh). In formal settings, Thomas will still be rather casual - He almost always rolls up the sleeves on button-up shirts because he believes it looks better. Thomas will almost never wear a tie, though he may occasionally wear a sports jacket along with a buttoned up shirt and dress pants or khakis. In formal settings, he’ll usually wear boat shoes.

Personality
Outward Personality: Thomas is sociable and friendly, leading to him being generally well-liked. He’s a rather sensitive person, and is able to interpret the feelings of others fairly well and sometimes acts as an emotional support. As such, he is personable. At times, Thomas puts the needs of others above his own, though not to a dangerous extent - he only really helps out when he finds it’s either good for his own benefit, the benefit of those he cares about, or it’s absolutely necessary. Due to this, he can appear somewhat selfish, as he may not want to help out in situations because he has nothing to gain from it. Thomas may additionally come off as stubborn or hot headed, especially when presented with something he does not want to do, or someone he dislikes. In fact, you’ll know if Thomas doesn’t like you - rather than his normally outgoing, kind self, he’ll be distant and cold. Thomas hates being alone, and obviously enjoys the presence of others to a great degree - he takes comfort in it. He can also be rather quick to anger. Thomas is also somewhat of a “people-pleaser,” though it’s not incredibly influential on his outward personality.
Inward Personality: Inwardly, Thomas is intelligent and very conscientious. He’s the type of person to plan out every decision - weighing the pros and cons, making predictions, and more. As such, he tends to be very careful and heavily dislikes taking risks. He can also be fairly judgemental of others when he first meets them despite appearing endearing, but this quickly changes.

Skills: Thomas enjoys a variety of sports, particularly aquatic sports such as water polo. He is skilled at this in particular. Aside from that, he knows a lot about movies, considering himself something of a cinephile. He’ll often quote movies without really being aware of it, and make off-hand references.

Faction
Species: Changeling
Allegiance: Primacy (Student at the academy)

Powers
Power Class: Elemental
Power Description: Thomas can generate multiple energy barriers and manipulate them. Generally, these barriers are blue-green, glow slightly, and are semi-transparent. The barriers are rather strong and have a variety of uses, such as shielding Thomas or others, isolating/trapping people within them, etc. The position of the barriers can be changed once they have been created, so they can be used to push people and such (The speed with which they move varies, but faster speed is more taxing on Thomas). Additionally, when the barriers are destroyed, either through Thomas’ own manipulation or force exerted by others, they shatter into glass-like shards, which can harm anyone they touch. It’s very similar to a window breaking, however the shards disappear after a certain time, being made of energy. Properties that Thomas can manipulate are the strength and transparency of the barriers. Very high level use of this ability would allow one to change what someone sees through the barrier, almost like causing them to hallucinate, though this is extremely difficult to do and could kill the user of the power outright.
There are some limitations on this power, of course. Use of it drains Thomas’ physical energy, making him very exhausted over time. It may additionally cause headaches/migraines. If done too much in a short period of time, Thomas may faint, and his blood pressure may rise significantly as a result of intense effort/stress, which can cause a variety of bad things including nosebleeds due to ruptures of capillaries within nasal membranes. The barriers cannot be made to be completely indestructible, and will shatter regardless after a certain time even if they have not been physically broken. If they move too far away from Thomas, they will also shatter immediately. They also cannot be made completely transparent or opaque.

Miscellaneous
Key: Curse
Other: If you guys couldn’t tell, I’m awful at describing people’s physical appearances.

Incoming PM to Celo about the second character I'm entering, I already discussed it with Darkel.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Placenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:02 pm

Ok sweet. This one is accepted.
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:38 am

I'm partly tempted to make another character if the RP doesn't start soon.

Does anyone think a crazy human scientist character with no associated faction would be an interesting addition to the mix, or will we have a decent amount of those, regardless?
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Placenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:45 am

I think it would be interesting. I'm also making a human character, though not a scientist. I was actually kind of worried there wouldn't be enough of them.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Placenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:04 am

ViperaUnion wrote:I'm partly tempted to make another character if the RP doesn't start soon.

Does anyone think a crazy human scientist character with no associated faction would be an interesting addition to the mix, or will we have a decent amount of those, regardless?

We will probably have several of those tbh but you're welcome to make one. Although I'm not sure how often or soon you'll get to use them. The story will be focused primarily on the school and the area surrounding for much of the RP for the time being.

Also, whenever Celo gets the IC up we will start. I think she's been busy the last couple of days.
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:28 pm

Well, that just gives me more time to work on the character. I'm going to try to avoid making them stereotypical, or eccentric in the ways you'd expect a scientist to be.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Placenta

Back to top Go down

Post by AlloRaptor Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:06 pm

You could take some inspiration from dr stylish (akame ga kill)
AlloRaptor
AlloRaptor
Mistreated Orphan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:19 am

If I take inspiration from pre-existing characters, that would negate the point of making them original. I have a really good idea of what to do. It just hit me.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Placenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:43 am

Inspiration is always nice.
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AlloRaptor Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:28 pm

Without inspiration you'll run out of things to write. There are limits to what one person can do on his own. However, I do get your point. Please forget I said anything.
AlloRaptor
AlloRaptor
Mistreated Orphan

Back to top Go down

Post by Celo the Impossible Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:24 pm

oKAY. Sorry, I disappeared for a while; college along with some personal problems arose, and I had to take a break for a bit. I am back to feeling up to speaking, now, and apologise for my absence. Sorry for dumping everything on you, Dark ;A;

AlloRaptor wrote:Without inspiration you'll run out of things to write. There are limits to what one person can do on his own. However, I do get your point. Please forget I said anything.

That is the case for those who aren't hired to draw or write; usually if you have deadlines for certain things that you can't wait for inspiration and have to force yourself to pull something from your mind. Mary Shelley actually ended up having to do this after her husband's death in order to earn money. Granted, things not inspired aren't always the best work of someone. There's a reason not many know what other books she wrote aside from Frankenstein, and that's because a lot of her works were written after Percy Shelley's death, when she was having to write in order to provide for her and her son. Frankenstein was written when her husband was alive and was mostly written for fun.

Sorry; I ramble a lot once I start discussing classic literature ;v;
Celo the Impossible
Celo the Impossible
Mistreated Orphan

http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:09 pm

Celo wrote:Sorry for dumping everything on you, Dark ;A;

Lol it wasn't anything I couldn't handle, nevertheless glad you're back Very Happy
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AlloRaptor Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:20 pm

NVM screwed up double post

Last edited by AlloRaptor on Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlloRaptor
AlloRaptor
Mistreated Orphan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlloRaptor Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:20 pm

AlloRaptor wrote:
True dat
AlloRaptor
AlloRaptor
Mistreated Orphan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:51 pm

Still working on two sheets, one should be here by the end of the weekend. The other character won't show up at all until later in the story so I'm going to take my time submitting it even though it's basically already written. That should show up sometime next week.

Welcome back, Celo.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Placenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Celo the Impossible Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:03 pm

Also I am working on a sheet for one of the school's English teachers, who will also be a changeling. I am pretty excited to be using the power idea I have for him

The IC will be up today once I finish work sometime after 3
Celo the Impossible
Celo the Impossible
Mistreated Orphan

Back to top Go down

Post by Celo the Impossible Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:28 pm

The IC is up, but the post opening is short. This is because the main purpose at the start of the RP is to give you guys time to introduce characters, develop acquaintances, etc.

The next act (or the next time any action begins to start) will probably have a longer post to open the situation with, but Dark and I agreed that this post would be fine, for now Smile

Have fun and may the rp begin~
Celo the Impossible
Celo the Impossible
Mistreated Orphan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlloRaptor Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:04 am

It's 12 AM though.
AlloRaptor
AlloRaptor
Mistreated Orphan

Back to top Go down

Post by Celo the Impossible Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:23 am

AlloRaptor wrote:It's 12 AM though.
In my time zone it's 5-ish Wink
Celo the Impossible
Celo the Impossible
Mistreated Orphan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:32 am

7 here. Beginning an IC post now.
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:27 am

Wait, don't leave me out! I'm posting, too!
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Placenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Celo the Impossible Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:46 am

ViperaUnion wrote:Wait, don't leave me out! I'm posting, too!
Can't wait to see what post you create Smile
Celo the Impossible
Celo the Impossible
Mistreated Orphan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next