Silent Scaffold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets make a game

+9
NathanielRD
Zerbie The Slug
Sharples
Odious
Mata Rahi
Min_Lo
Q
SissyGamer
Darkel
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lets make a game Empty Lets make a game

Post by Darkel Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:18 pm

A while ago I think it was Doom that suggested we make our own game. I do have ideas for that and I think it'd be very interesting if we collaborated. However, I am no expert and have only begun in programming. I would need a lot of help and expertise. I can mostly work on the plot and characters.

I got an idea after watching a video of Pewdiepie's wherein he played Pony Island (not what it sounds like it is), which is a seriously messed up game. It's also very awesome and we should also make something creepy and messed up like that and hopefully give someone a lot of dread and anxiety Very Happy
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

https://silentscaffold.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lets make a game Empty Re: Lets make a game

Post by SissyGamer Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:05 pm

well SBR is making a game called UnderForum.. you don't seem to approve of it but i'm helping with dialogue and the sprites so haha. maybe this could do well. is this going to be pixelated or 3d/animation? the only thing i could do is dialogue and sprites sooo yeah
SissyGamer
SissyGamer
Catsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Q Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:13 pm

If we can make it even more messed up than that please.

And more player fucking with. Torture them. Lol.

I'm a bit of a master pixel artist.

I also have a very dark, messed up side.

Much bone dragon.
Q
Q
Accursed

Back to top Go down

Post by Min_Lo Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:58 pm

Creepy and screws with the player? I'm intrigued even though I have very little talents in game making
Min_Lo
Min_Lo
Placenta

Location : My own little Universe! (AKA: behind my computer with all the blinds closed)

http://saraleinighthaven.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:50 pm

@Sissy: I really haven't paid much attention to it. If I said something about not approving of it (not sure why) then I don't remember. And I think we're going with pixelated.

@Q: Yes, I've seen your work. You're definitely fit for the job and we will need you. And I would love it to seriously screw with the player.

@Min_Lo: You don't necessarily have to be good at game making. You could help with art, plot, characters, etc.
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Q Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:54 pm

What level of creepy monsters are we looking for? Bloodborne level disturbing? Or making normal things scary?
Q
Q
Accursed

Back to top Go down

Post by Mata Rahi Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:55 pm

If y'all go with GameMaker to put it all together I can help with coding o:
Mata Rahi
Mata Rahi
Placenta

Back to top Go down

Post by SissyGamer Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:57 pm

creepy sprites, i like it.

i'll get to work when the time comes. for now i'll try and help plan the plot and make dialogue perhaps.
SissyGamer
SissyGamer
Catsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:02 pm

Yeah. Very scary sprites. I'm not sure what style we'd go for or what we'll use but we can do that once we get to work on the plot and characters. But I think we should use some occult themes in the plot. Not your common pentagram stuff though. More bizarre, obscure, deeper, more frightening things. Maybe take things from folklore and screw them up and pervert them into really terrifying things.

I think I'll go as far as making a new section on the forum for this project. Because this will likely take up many threads. We need a thread for story, a thread for designing, a thread for coding, etc.
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Odious Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:17 pm

The Game Project: Requirements
1) A fully written and fleshed-out Story and script for the game before any artistic, audio or scripts are developed. This is of course to stop the story & managing team changing their idea half-way through and the others having to scrap assets.
2) Commited Individuals. We need individuals that can commit from the very start to 100% of the way through. Backing out at 50% (unless you have a VERY good reason) is a very easy way to get into everyone else's shit-list.
3) A flexible team meeting place online or a collaborative portal system for hosting assets, writing and scripts. A system like teamwork.com, Alfresco or Liferay CE are good examples.

The proposed platform of choice: RPG Maker MV (or VX Ace)
Doing things in 3D, even in a relatively flexible and out-the-box engine like Unreal Engine 4 would be pretty damn nice but lets face it, it would take years on end to make a full game with it and almost none of us have any common scripting knowledge, 3D Modelling or 3D animation experience. Keeping things in a 2D plane in a very easy-to-use utility like RPG Maker is a great way to go for first-time teams to give collaborating and experiencing making a game to experience. Since it's dealing with Pixels instead of Polygons & Voxels, it becomes 100x easier to develop the art and script assets you want going for the game.

The team we would need for a rough 3-6 Month game release: Around 7-8 people Minimum
- 1 Chief Project Manager (+ one Deputy Project Manager in Absence of the Chief)
- 2 Writers - Of course to write the story
- 2 Pixel Artists - To handle Spriting and level design collectively
- 1 Digital Artist - To handle Portrait and non-pixel artwork
- 1 Musician/Audio Engineer (I can handle this very easily)
- 1 Scripter - To be on-call for any custom scripts or workflows which need making

Saying that, the above are just my personal proposals. I'm sure there's a few others who may have equal or better ideas with different engines maybe.
Odious
Odious
Electro-Industrial Musician

Back to top Go down

Post by Q Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:22 pm

I have a large compendium of monster designs I'll upload if this gets the go. Are we going for a typical RPG with bosses and whatnot with a twist or something else?

Is there going to be magic and demons or a more modern look to it?
Q
Q
Accursed

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:25 pm

We'll talk about the plot and stuff once we get everyone's positions filled. I can be a project manager and definitely a writer. I could also offer little miscellaneous sketches and concept art but don't rely on me for heavy artwork.
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Odious Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:25 pm

If we're going with some pretty evil themes, it would be perfect for me to bring out a Kontakt Library I purchased awhile back and is one of my favorites to use for composing with: 8DIO Free Radicals

Odious
Odious

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:28 pm

Odious wrote:If we're going with some pretty evil themes, it would be perfect for me to bring out a Kontakt Library I purchased awhile back and is one of my favorites to use for composing with: 8DIO Free Radicals

I LOVE that.
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharples Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:11 pm

I will join as a writer!
Sharples
Sharples
Mistreated Orphan

Back to top Go down

Post by Min_Lo Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:16 pm

I'm backing out now. While I love being a part of projects, I have huge commitment issues and I'm not always around. Unless you guys don't mind dealing with that, I might as well just watch from the sidelines
Min_Lo
Min_Lo
Placenta

Location : My own little Universe! (AKA: behind my computer with all the blinds closed)

http://saraleinighthaven.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerbie The Slug Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:21 pm

SissyGamer wrote:well SBR is making a game called UnderForum.. you don't seem to approve of it but i'm helping with dialogue and the sprites so haha. maybe this could do well. is this going to be pixelated or 3d/animation? the only thing i could do is dialogue and sprites sooo yeah

I sucked at.......
Everything........
I only have FS3D for sprites.....
With the basic colors.....
Zerbie The Slug
Zerbie The Slug
Egotistical Slug

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/uglydollfan

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanielRD Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:27 pm

What will it be about? Would it be based on us?
NathanielRD
NathanielRD
Placenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Odious Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:32 pm

NathanielRD wrote:What will it be about? Would it be based on us?

As nice as we all are on this forum, I personally believe that a unique built-up cast would be more preferable for the project.
It will allow us to tweak what we want and most people who contribute to writing and plot will probably try and project some of their mannerism into these characters anyway (albeit in a more Spiritual sense). We're all pretty creative and together we can all pool our ideas into the perfect mesh to build up from.

Odious
Odious

Back to top Go down

Post by Runlock Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:16 am

Do you have a plot decided yet? If you're looking to do some form of cosmic horror I'd love to contribute to the writing team. I've been working on a novella that has elements of cosmic horror to it and I'm willing to share some of it if I must prove my qualifications. Hell, if you give me a quick summary of the themes you want to convey through the characters and story I can draw up a quick pitch for the plot right now.

I can also do music, but seeing as how Doom is involved and he is a bit more seasoned and far better equipped, I'd rather not interfere with the score.

Otherwise I have no skills related directly to video game development but am willing to provide support in any way I can.
Runlock
Runlock
Confederate of the League

Location : Under the rocks where I found my place in the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:46 am

We have decided it's going to be of horror genre. Not sure what the actual story will be yet though. I was hoping that the writers would collaboratively work each bit out together. But it's going to be heavily dark, gory, etc.
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Runlock Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:21 am

I posted my pitch in the writer's thread.
Runlock
Runlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:32 am

Ok awesome. Looks really good from what you've got. I'm gonna post my pitch and let Sharples post his. Then we'll go through and decide what we want, don't want, etc.
Darkel
Darkel
The Murderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Runlock Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:36 am

Another important factor that must be decided before we actually start writing is if there will be a player generated character. If we have a character creator we'll need to be more broad about how the protaganist speaks, if he speaks at all. If we give the main character too much personality than it will be harder for the player to project themselves onto the character. We may even need to write branching paths and alternate dialogue options to account for player choice.

Whereas with a premade protaganist we can write him or her however we damn well please and the plot can be linear without feeling to restrictive.
Runlock
Runlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Q Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:38 am

I think with horror you definitely want them to have projection as much as possible so that the player gets the most out of the terror.
Q
Q
Accursed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next