Why Is This Against Forumotion Rules?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why Is This Against Forumotion Rules?

Post by CaptnSunny on Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:38 am

Self-explanatory title.
avatar
CaptnSunny
Anti-Liatrednu Protestor

Posts : 349
Join date : 2015-12-09
Location : In a fallout shelter, waiting for the apocalypse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is This Against Forumotion Rules?

Post by thecardiackidofDCVII on Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:42 am

Hacking is against forumotion rules. This shouldn't be here but then again the porn section shouldn't be either.
avatar
thecardiackidofDCVII
Dank Memelord

Posts : 498
Join date : 2015-12-11
Age : 15
Location : Romania (someday...)

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEGnucOZ1XBelh-cQCf3KnQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is This Against Forumotion Rules?

Post by CaptnSunny on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:17 am

thecardiackidofDCVII wrote:Hacking is against forumotion rules.  This shouldn't be here but then again the porn section shouldn't be either.
Hacking?

Mods are technically not hacking.
avatar
CaptnSunny
Anti-Liatrednu Protestor

Posts : 349
Join date : 2015-12-09
Location : In a fallout shelter, waiting for the apocalypse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is This Against Forumotion Rules?

Post by thecardiackidofDCVII on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:22 am

CaptnSunny wrote:
thecardiackidofDCVII wrote:Hacking is against forumotion rules.  This shouldn't be here but then again the porn section shouldn't be either.
Hacking?

Mods are technically not hacking.
If you insist.  This section will stay though.  Since EA won't give us any updates to the game, we'll just make them ourselves, like the proud, resourceful peoples we are.
avatar
thecardiackidofDCVII
Dank Memelord

Posts : 498
Join date : 2015-12-11
Age : 15
Location : Romania (someday...)

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEGnucOZ1XBelh-cQCf3KnQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is This Against Forumotion Rules?

Post by rob55rod on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:09 pm

thecardiackidofDCVII wrote:
CaptnSunny wrote:
thecardiackidofDCVII wrote:Hacking is against forumotion rules.  This shouldn't be here but then again the porn section shouldn't be either.
Hacking?

Mods are technically not hacking.
If you insist.  This section will stay though.  Since EA won't give us any updates to the game, we'll just make them ourselves, like the proud, resourceful peoples we are.
Yeah.

Also, in a PM discussion on the Sporum, Baza said that mods, while not officially supported, are fully permitted as long as they aren't malicious (e.g. a mod that allows you to upload creations that crash other peoples' games).

SO

Spore modding is completely legal as long as it is used responsibly ^-^

_________________
avatar
rob55rod
Mistreated Orphan

Posts : 109
Join date : 2015-12-28
Location : How do I post an image of an actual location here?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is This Against Forumotion Rules?

Post by thecardiackidofDCVII on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:21 pm

rob55rod wrote:
thecardiackidofDCVII wrote:
CaptnSunny wrote:
thecardiackidofDCVII wrote:Hacking is against forumotion rules.  This shouldn't be here but then again the porn section shouldn't be either.
Hacking?

Mods are technically not hacking.
If you insist.  This section will stay though.  Since EA won't give us any updates to the game, we'll just make them ourselves, like the proud, resourceful peoples we are.
Yeah.

Also, in a PM discussion on the Sporum, Baza said that mods, while not officially supported, are fully permitted as long as they aren't malicious (e.g. a mod that allows you to upload creations that crash other peoples' games).

SO

Spore modding is completely legal as long as it is used responsibly ^-^
Which we are doing...
avatar
thecardiackidofDCVII
Dank Memelord

Posts : 498
Join date : 2015-12-11
Age : 15
Location : Romania (someday...)

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEGnucOZ1XBelh-cQCf3KnQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is This Against Forumotion Rules?

Post by Zerbie The Slug on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:51 am

But for some reason, ForceSave is called a "hack".....
But I guess that's a mod too....Obviously!

_________________

If we can't learn...Why bother existing?
avatar
Zerbie The Slug
Egotistical Slug

Posts : 256
Join date : 2015-12-30
Age : 15
Location : The planet that doesn't exist!

View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/uglydollfan

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is This Against Forumotion Rules?

Post by thecardiackidofDCVII on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:52 am

UglyDollFan wrote:But for some reason, ForceSave is called a "hack".....
But I guess that's a mod too....Obviously!
Well, force saving is a hack but these days it's usually in a mod since the days of SporeBase hacking with T-search are over.
avatar
thecardiackidofDCVII
Dank Memelord

Posts : 498
Join date : 2015-12-11
Age : 15
Location : Romania (someday...)

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEGnucOZ1XBelh-cQCf3KnQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is This Against Forumotion Rules?

Post by rob55rod on Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:47 pm

thecardiackidofDCVII wrote:
UglyDollFan wrote:But for some reason, ForceSave is called a "hack".....
But I guess that's a mod too....Obviously!
Well, force saving is a hack but these days it's usually in a mod since the days of SporeBase hacking with T-search are over.
Actually, "Force Save" is a name used by 4 different methods of achieving the same goal:
1. A T-Search hacking method
2. A feature of the SporeHack trainer (IIUC it's an automated version of 1)
3. A mod
4. A config tweak ("Steam Force Save", which ironically works for all distribution variants of Spore)

AFAIK 3 is the most widely-known/accepted variant, but I find Steam Force Save to be a more robust solution, even on Origin Spore. That's just my personal experience, though.

_________________
avatar
rob55rod
Mistreated Orphan

Posts : 109
Join date : 2015-12-28
Location : How do I post an image of an actual location here?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Is This Against Forumotion Rules?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum